If you find yourself in the United Arab Emirates you should also visit Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. It is one of the world’s largest mosques that can hold up to 40,000 worshippers.
Before visiting this place, there are some tips to remember.
- To avoid the crowds, weekdays are more favorable.
- Opening times are 09:00am-22:00 Saturday-Thursday and 16:30-22:00 on Fridays.
- Entrance is FREE, you must only pass through security screening to enter.
- What to wear: Dress appropriately. For women – If you are not well enough covered, Abaya’s are available for free of charge.
- For more information on the dress code, see the Mosque Manners section on the official website.
- Try and arrive in time for a free guided tour.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the Grand Mosque.
Enjoy the visit and always remember Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque conveys an Islamic message of peace, tolerance, and diversity.
Had visited it a few years back. It’s architectural marvel left me spellbound!
LikeLiked by 1 person